A step-by-step guide to spirit baking
Step 1: Drink 2 beers.
Step 2: Open a new YouTube window and create a playlist of Icelandic Punk & New Wave (Purrkur Pillnikk etc).
Step 3: Shave your head into an extreme hairstyle, such as a feathercut/chelsea cut etc (optional)
Licorice Blackberry Bar
Similar in size and shape to a necklace box, this treat if eaten during a polar twilight will enhance your ability to perceive what is hidden.
- Melt a shed load of chocolate, procure a slab of licorice and fresh blackberries.
- Sculpt clover and spade shapes out of the licorice, set aside.
- Make a soft blackberry nougat and mix the licorice clovers and spades into it.
- Mold the nougat into a jewellery box shape and cover in chocolate. Leave to set.
Licorice Mousse with accompaniment
Black, this dish should be served with a flaming sambuca chaser. Once consumed, and imbibed, the stars will seek you out.
- Make a licorice mousse, sprinkle with sheared licorice flakes or black popping candy, or chunks of chocolate.
- Pour a flaming sambuca shot.
- Prepare to be penetrated by the stars.
Berggangar; Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake with Crimson Coulé
This malt ice cream cake juts above a tart raspberry ocean like a lonely berggangar in a red northern ocean. It is the gift bringer.
- Make chocolate malt flavoured ice cream in an ice cream maker, leave in the freezer till the next day.
- Mold into the shape of a pinnacle, also commonly called a sea stack.
- Prepare raspberry coulé.
- Fill plate around malt ice cream to create ocean effect.
Be warned; this delight may open the door to an unfathomable abyss.
The Golden Galleon
This tart rides in on an invisible wind, and is a herald for providence. Even preparing it will take you higher........Consuming it will lead you onto paths unbroken.
- Make red velvet sponge with blackcurrant jam in between the layers
- Make red butter cream icing and cover the cake so as to resemble a wild and stormy ocean.
- With cherry flavoured marshmallow that you've made earlier, construct a dramatic 'islet' on top of the cake.
- Sculpt a Spanish galleon out of pure marzipan, cover in edible gold and place next to the marshmallow.
......now all you need to do is await