A step-by-step guide to spirit baking
Step 1: Drink 2 beers.
Step 2: Open a new YouTube window and create a playlist of Icelandic Punk & New Wave (Purrkur Pillnikk etc).
Step 3: Shave your head into an extreme hairstyle, such as a feathercut/chelsea cut etc
Licorice Blueberry Bar
Similar in size and shape to a necklace box, this treat if eaten during a polar twilight will enhance your ability to perceive what is hidden.
- Melt a shed load of chocolate, procure a slab of licorice and fresh blueberries.
- Sculpt clover and spade shapes out of the licorice, set aside.
- Make a soft blueberry nougat and mix the licorice clovers and spades into it.
- Mold the nougat into a jewellery box shape and cover in chocolate. Leave to set.
Licorice Mousse with Cinnamon
Black and brown, this dish should be served with a flaming sambuca chaser. Once consumed, and imbibed, the stars will seek you out.
- Make a licorice mousse, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour a flaming sambuca shot.
- Prepare to be penetrated by the stars.
Chocolate Malt Ice Cream Cake with Reindeer Poo
This ice cream cake comes sprinkled with Hrís Sukkulaði, colloquially known as reindeer poo and has the power to quell indifference. It is the gift bringer.
- Make chocolate malt flavoured ice cream in an ice cream maker, leave in the freezer till the next day.
- Mold into a cake shape.
- Sprinkle Hrís Sukkulaði on top, in a random pattern as if pooed by a reindeer.
The Golden Galleon
This tart rides in on an invisible wind, and is a herald for providence. Even preparing it will take you higher........Consuming it will lead you onto paths unbroken.
- Make red velvet sponge with blackberry jam in between the layers
- Make red icing and cover the cake so as to resemble a wild and stormy ocean.
- With cherry flavoured marshmallow that you've made earlier, construct a dramatic 'islet' on top of the cake.
- Sculpt a Spanish galleon out of pure marzipan, cover in edible gold and place next to the marshmallow.
......now all you need to do is await